Translate

Thursday, March 19, 2015

DIY Ombre Tassel Placemats


 When I was home a few weeks ago for my grandmother’s memorial service, I spotted some adorable placemats on my family’s kitchen table. They were simple bamboo mats that had a few giant tassels on them. Since I’ve never met a tassel or pom pom I didn’t like, I though it would be the perfect project to make on my own- with an added ombre flare. I love the idea of rolling these up to use for picnics, outdoor dinners or just sprucing up your at-the-desk lunch breaks at work. I hope you’ll give them a try or perhaps they’ll inspire a little extra color at your next dinner party. xo, grace
The full how-to continues after the jump…


This post is brought to you by Kate Spade Saturday!  See why every day can feel like Saturday here.


Materials:
1. Thread in multiple colors
2. Needle
3. Placemats (I used these)
4. Scissors
5. Piece of cardboard
Steps:
1. Select your thread colors and organize them from darkest to lightest.
2. Using these tassel DIY steps, make 2 tassels in each colorway (you’ll attach one to each side).
3. Using the spare ends, thread them through the placemat and attach them down the sides of the placemat, knotting underneath and snipping the excess off.



http://www.designsponge.com/2013/05/every-day-diy-ombre-tassel-placemats.html

No comments:

Post a Comment